Saturday, January 28, 2012

WOW

Well, what a week it has been! I wrote my first blog on Monday and I am really surprised how many people have commented about it.  I've had people come up to me and tell me how surprised they were, but the support from everyone has been overwhelming. I have to say the only reason i started writing these blogs was to make my intentions public so I would be more accountable.

I have to say that I am seeing the world much differently now. I know it may sound cliche', but it's true.  I find myself with more patience and things that bothered me before just don't bother me anymore.  Is it possible for God to change me that quickly?

I have to tell you a true story that happened to me today.  As you may remember the movie Courageous had a huge impact on me.  In that movie, the main character's daughter asks her dad to dance with her at the park.  But he declines and says "people are watching".  He later regrets that decision.  Today I took Carsyn to the high school to watch Ethan practice baseball.  We were sitting on the front row of the stands right behind home plate watching the boys practice and they had some music playing over the speaker system.  Carsyn, out of the blue, says "Daddy, dance with me"...she said "this is our dance floor", pointing to the walk way in front of the front row.  Now there would have been a time, I would have said the same thing...."there are people watching".  But today, I didn't hesitate for one second....I stood up and danced with her.  We danced for 2 songs, and I couldn't care less who saw my poor dance moves....at that moment, all that mattered was the look in Carsyn's eyes.  She could not have been happier.  I twirled her around and around and she said "after the dance is over, we have to hug and kiss".....perhaps, I would have missed out on that moment if things were not different.  I know that we made a memory that will last a lifetime, and that is all that matters.

I have felt God moving me this week to try and mend some broken relationships. So I reached out to one person that I used to be friends with, but we had gone our separate ways.  Not sure what will happen with that, but I feel like it was the right thing to do. So we will see what happens.

Tomorrow is Sunday and for the first time in I a long time, I am excited to be going to church.  I can't wait to get there as a matter of fact.

Thanks for everyone that has supported me this week.  It means the world to me, and it just drives home the fact that I am doing the right thing.

In Christ.....Kev
1/28/12

No comments:

Post a Comment