Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I can't believe the difference

I had the opportunity this past Sunday to share with our church what God has been doing in my life.  I cannot believe how easy it was to jump up and get on stage and tell the church what has been going on.  It was perhaps the most liberating moment of my life.  I told our church that several years ago, I had pushed God so far out of my life, that I allowed satan to put negative thoughts into my head.  Those negative thoughts led to immoral thoughts and those immoral thougths led to immoral actions.  I told how I had the hurt the very people that meant the most to me...my family.

I didnt feel condemned by anyone in the church.  I am almost postive there are still some people that doubt the changes God has done in me.  There will always be people that doubt my ability to be a good christian man and the spiritual leader of our home.  I have been attending our wednesday morning prayer group at 6:00 am.  Wednesdays are quickly becoming my favorite day of the week.

Our group usually meet first and talk about prayer requests or things that are going in the church, then we disburse throughout the sanctuary and pray on our own.  This morning, as soon as I knelt, I felt an overpowering presence with me...I have NEVER felt that before in my life. There is no doubt that God is moving in me.

I have heard of people having this experience and they say you just see things differently.  I can honestly say that my view of things has changed. I have prayed more the last 6 weeks than i have ever prayed before. Things dont bother me as much.  I am slower to show my temper.  I am praying for people on a daily basis.  Shawna is amazed at the difference and i amazed at how much closer i feel to her.

I have realized how many times in  my life i have missed the opportunity to help someone, pray for someone or just be there for someone.  I am trying to seize those opportunities now.  I have even started praying over loan decisions....not praying that God will tell me whether to approve or deny a loan request....but praying that i will make the best decision possible for the bank and the customer.  That is new to me.

Shawna was amazed that i was able to get up in front of the church and so easily express what God has done to me.  I have to say that it was very exhilerating and I will share my testimony any time Pastor Lonny wants me to, without hesitation or fear.

I wish everyone could experience the feeling that i have...I do understand the term "born again".....
If you have read this and are in need of prayer for anything, please let me know....I will gladly pray for you.

In Christ,

Kev

2 comments:

  1. Has your friend that you reached out to and wrote about in January reached back yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had any further contact from that friend....but I feel that if we saw each other on the street things would not be as weird as before...if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete