Monday, February 20, 2012

Being Tested

Feb 8th is the day I emailed our pastor, Lonny Robbins, to tell him that I would be willing to share my experiences with our church.  I felt a public confession would be good for me and it might help others who had been struggling with the same doubts.  He emailed me back on Feb 10th and said he wanted me to speak on Sunday Feb 12th.....my birthday. What better way to end start a new year than to share this kind of joy with others.  I agreed to do it. 

Let me tell you something, Satan didn't like it one bit.  That old master deciever started working on me immediately. That very night, on the way from Childress, a truck in front of me had a blow out and I ended up running over a huge piece of tire tread that flipped up and cracked our bumper and knocked out a fog light on our nearly new Sienna. Price Tag $1,050.  How much is our deductible?? $1,000.  That night after we got home, Ethan decided he wanted some hot chocolate, so he put a pan of water on to boil, but forgot about....awhile later, he remembered, but i guess the burner had been on so long it cracked our glass stove top....Price Tag for that $250.  The next day, the day before I was supposed to talk at church, Carsyn and Austin both started running fever......

Saturday nigth i asked Shawna what she wanted to do?  We couldnt take the kids to church....I didnt want to give my testimony without Shawna being there.....should i just call Pastor Lonny and re-schedule?? We decided NO....I was going to speak and she was going to be there.  Luckily my mom and dad came over and watched the kids for us that Sunday Morning. 

That sunday morning before i spoke, a new friend of mine Kurt West (and a great christian) and I were talking...I kinda laughed and told him how much i was being tested and he reminded me that Satan would work relentlessly on me to try and make me think i made the wrong decision.....and if he couldnt get to me he would go after my family.....it made me realize how much prayer means to my family.

I have to pray that my family is also able to fight off the deciever at all costs...that is where it my job as the family spiritual leader comes in to pray daily over my wife and my children and over the thresholds of our doors...that evil does not enter our house.

I have kinda settled in to this new aspect of my life and even though i dont write as often as i once did, i am still praying daily and I am still attending our wednesday prayer meetings at 6:00 am....I long for new insights and new ideas.......I want God to continue to move in me so that i can impact my family in a spiritual way...its not easy...we all get busy...we all get hit from different directions....we just have to remember to sit aside some time each day...several times a day to drop to our knees to thank God for all the goodness and pray for his help and guidance to keep evil away from our homes.

In Christ,

Kev
2/20/12

1 comment:

  1. Kevin,I love reading your blog. I am proud of you for your persistence in giving your testimony. I have been going through more and more challenges since I started my blog and I know it takes tenacity to keep your chin up sometimes. I can't believe that God has put the most wonderful people in my life, even in 6th grade. Thankfully we have technology to reunite all of us in our friendships. Let's get together soon! Talk to Shawna and name a date. Love to your family.

    ReplyDelete